We provide Gas Safety Certificates (CP12) to Landlords, Home Owners, and Estate Agents within Kent, and Surrounding areas. We only use Gas Safe registered engineers to carry out gas certificate inspections.
In 1996 the government made it law that all landlords who rent part or all of their property, must have all gas appliances and pipe work checked and certified every 12 months.
Included in the landlord safety check, we are required to check gas fires, cookers and any other connected gas operated appliances. Mr Gas Man charge a fixed fee for your boiler and then a small fee per other appliance.
Residential landlords or their agents are responsible for the safety of tenants and the Gas Safety Regulations 1998 enforced by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE).
Severe penalties for non-compliance can be imposed and deaths could result in manslaughter charges for landlords and agents. Non compliance is a criminal offence and courts can impose unlimited fines and custodial sentences.
Not having one may also invalidate your property insurance and could subsequently lead to claims for civil damages – awards in these cases have proven to be very high.
All safety inspections include:
- Full system tightness test to confirm no gas leaks in property
- Appliance check for gas tightness
- Standing and working pressure check
- Burner pressure/gas rate checked against manufacturer’s data plate/manual
- Ventilation check
- Flue flow test to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Ensuring satisfactory operation of all flame failure devices
- Checks for any installation defects that don’t comply with current regulations
- Investigation into any evidence of unsafe operation and report to the responsible person